The Memphis Kit takes its inspiration from the Italian Pop Art movement of the 1980’s “the Memphis Group”. This Avant Garde design and architecture collective focused on Postmodern design with a signature bold and colourful geometric style. Over the years many haute couture brands like Dior have been inspired by the style and it’s rumored that David Bowie was a massive collector of their work.
The style was also a major influence the original design team of Sugoi back in the late 80’s with designs inspired by this movement showing up on cycling kits and catalog covers. For our final Vaults jersey, we’re bringing it back once more! Also showing up on the Memphis Bib Short is a major splash of original Sugoi logo branding, first found in the 1988 catalog.
This limited-edition print lives on our RS Training Jersey and RS Pro Bib Short.
The Memphis Jersey
The Memphis Jersey graphic lives on the new RS Training Jersey, our pro fit, lightweight breathable performance jersey. Everything you need and nothing you don’t.
- Low profile collar
- Lightweight, moisture wicking fabric
- Mesh under arms for enhanced breathability
- Aeroband arm bands for locked in fit
- Full front zipper
The Memphis Bib Short
The Memphis Bib Short graphic lives on the latest version of the RS Pro Bib short, our most popular short made for long training days in the saddle. Proprietary Formula FX chamois with Cradle design delivers maximum comfort.
- Ultra Aero fabric on outer thighs for maximum aero efficiency
- Lightweight center fabric channel for increased breathability
- ¾ Infused Silicone Gripper band for locked in fit without constriction.
- Updated Formula FX Chamois with 3D construction, Cradle comfort pouch and Poron® for road vibration reduction.
As part of our 30th Anniversary celebration this year, we are giving away this one-of-a-kind kit to one luck Sugoi fan. Enter to win the Memphis Kit in your size today.