SUGOI Brand Champion Andreas Dreitz of Germany defended his crown at Ironman 70.3 Mallorca. For the second year in a row Drietz took the top spot on the gorgeous Spanish island.
The men’s race was a close one, with the entire podium finishing within a few minutes of each other. Dreitz put together a 22:43 swim, a 2:10:14 bike and a 1:19:06 half-marathon to earn the 3:56:48 victory. Dreitz had a dominating bike split that gave him the margin needed to stay ahead of the pack through the entire race.
Dreitz quickly overcame a 31 seconds deficit after the swim with a smashing 2:10:14 bike split – 8 and a half minutes better than the next-best men. The German finished his day with a relaxed 10th-best 1:19:06 run to finish with a 2:24 margin on Patrik Nilsson of Sweden and 2:55 over 3rd-place finisher David McNamee of Great Britain.
Thomas Cook Ironman 70.3 Mallorca
May 9, 2015
S 1.2 mi. / B 56 mi. / R 13.1 mi.
1. Andreas Dreitz (GER) 3:56:48
2. Patrik Nilsson (SWE) 3:59:12
3. David McNamee (GBR) 3:59:43
4. Artem Parienko (RUS) 4:00:54
5. Patrick Lange (GER) 4:01:33
6. Ivan Raña (ESP) 4:02:56
7. Jan van Berkel (SUI) 4:04:40
8. Manuel Kueng (SUI) 4:05:14
9. David Plese (SLO) 4:06:02
10. Allan Steen Olesen (DEN) 4:06:29